Does your current alarm system still utilize an old landline telephone connection? You are due for an upgrade! Older security systems used a dedicated landline to send alarm signals to our EPS Security Monitoring Center. Technology continues to advance, and these older systems have proved to be less secure and effective at protecting your home or business from potential intrusions. A savvy burglar may be able to simply cut a phone line to disrupt the connection between the system and the monitoring center. Landlines are an out-dated, added cost you can do without!
Today’s cellular alarm signal options are far superior and cost less.
Over the past decade, cellular communication has taken over as the preferred form of alarm signal communication because they have proved to be more secure and reliable.
How does a cellular alarm system communication work?
- When an alarm event occurs and a sensor is triggered, a signal is sent from the triggered device to the alarm panel and your local alarm will begin to sound.
- The control panel simultaneously sends a cellular signal to the monitoring center at the back end.
- The monitoring center follows proper procedures to inform relevant authorities or emergency responders.
Just think about your cell phone—When you send a text message, a “signal” is sent using cellular towers to the recipient’s phone. Cellular communication systems work just like this. A cellular module, called an IGSM, is installed in the control panel of your security system and it sends a wireless signal to the monitoring station using cellular towers.
NOTE: EPS uses a cellular connection that is reserved solely for your security system to communicate with our Monitoring Center. This method of communication and connection is completely independent from any personal cell phone and Wi-Fi router you may have. Using a dedicated EPS channel ensures there is no disruption in your alarm services. We simply attach the IGSM device to your alarm control panel, test the cellular strength, and ensure proper communication with our award winning Monitoring Center!
- Easy installation: There is no need to run a landline through your home/business or struggle to find a space to hide a panel close to and existing landline. Many EPS systems are installed today with the cellular communication device built in.
- No phone lines to snip: Older systems were easy to disarm by simply cutting the phone line. If an intruder tries to disable your cellular alarm system by destroying the panel itself, a signal is still sent to the monitoring center and help is on the way.
- Remote Monitoring: cellular monitoring allows you to use EPS Total Connect. Learn more about Total Connect here!
- Bundled Cost: No separate bills for a standalone landline! Cellular communication is included in the cost of your EPS Security system monitoring.
- Speed: Cellular alarm signals utilize the 4G cellular network. This ensures, in the event of an alarm, your system is sending an alarm signal through a fast and secure connection.
Upgrade your security with EPS!
Looking to make the transition from a outdated form of alarm signal communication? …Or maybe you simply would like to explore the newest in alarm system technology? Learn more